Barebox fails to boot 1/40 boots...

Vanhauwaert Wouter W.Vanhauwaert at TELEVIC.com
Wed Jun 19 02:59:36 EDT 2013

Because these are real on/off tests (with which I mean with a relais which switches on/off every 10 seconds or so, a cold restart) I did not have the ability to test it with a debugger.
What I did was changing the LDO voltage from 1.2V to 1.3V and measure this with a scoop. When I put the adjustment right before this setup_c(), it goes well all the time (even when the board is blocked),
when I put it after this setup_c(), it doesn't  get through when the board is blocked. So my assumption is it blocks in this function.

> Does this happen in first stage boot only or also when you chainload barebox
> from an already running barebox?

This is in a first stage boot...

> You could try calling imx53_init_lowlevel_early from
> barebox_arm_reset_vector(). This *could* make a difference.
>
> Since you are using v2013.05-stable you should have the following patches, but
> maybe it's worth rechecking.
>
> 76820df ARM: invalidate data caches during early init
> f9d7582 ARM v7: added v7_mmu_cache_invalidate()
> ee5f859 ARM v7: v7_mmu_cache_flush(): do not restore r0-r3 (minor
> optimization) eb7d85c arm: properly init alignment trap bit
> 7904d90 ARM v7: fix mmu-off operation
> 9af1150 ARM: fix the memset fix

I'll check

Grtz,