how to flash barebox and set root variable? - barebox is gone :(

Adam Furmanczuk afurmanczuk at knowtrek.com
Wed Jun 12 04:22:48 EDT 2013

On 12.06.2013 10:07, Sascha Hauer wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 09:19:48AM +0200, Adam Furmanczuk wrote:
>>
>> On 12.06.2013 08:12, Adam Furmanczuk wrote:
>>> ********* *POCZATEK CZESCI SZYFROWANEJ / PODPISANEJ* *********

>>> Hi Sascha,
>>>
>>> I have included the option: CONFIG_ARCH_IMX_USBLOADER=y then
>>> run make clean and then make again, but there is no such file,
>>> tried to search recursively for similar file in barebox top
>>> directory with: find ./ -iname \*usb-loader\*
>>>

>> My bad, i got the latest git snaphot (699-bcc9) and there is
>> USBLOADER.. have still some issues with compiling it. There is
>> "memory bank" error [1]. Have seen there was a patch recently,
>> but do not know the option to enable/disable
>
> When CONFIG_ARCH_IMX_USBLOADER is enabled in your config you can
> do:
>
> make scripts/imx/
>
> This should build the tool only.

In the current 699-bcc9 branch i run:

 make ARCH=arm freescale_mx53_loco_defconfig

than i edit the .config by hand and set CONFIG_ARCH_IMX_USBLOADER=y
when running: make scripts/imx

it tells me no goals. nothing to do.

I run gcc on your script file directly, but the libush.h is misssing I
should get it from the MX53 loco project?

Thanks for help,

Adam