Raspberry pi barebox boot

dariusz.s93 dariusz.s93 at o2.pl
Wed Jul 24 03:37:22 EDT 2013

Hello!

I find this thread while googling today:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.barebox/4051

I downloaded barebox package from official site and some cross-compilers
from github/raspberry
I configured barebox for ARM architecture and turned on menuconfig. Then I
type make and press enter - and I noticed some new files in barebox
directory same as those from this thread:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=25087&p=230000

I formated sd card with fat32 and copy on it 3 files same way like man from
this post
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.barebox/4051
I downloaded loader.bin file and start.elf file from history (setp. 2012)
version of raspberry firmware from github.

Then i booted PI - but nothing happens - there was only rainbow on the
screen all time.

What should i do?

Let me recall - all my knowledge how to boot RPI with Barebox comes from
this post

  Yes, it works for me.
  You need an sd card with a single partition fat32 with inside
  bootcode.bin, loader.bin and start.elf (you can find the files here
  https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/tree/master/boot)
  Then just copy barebox.bin on the card and rename it kernel.img.

  Please, let me know if you have any problem.

  Thank you,

  --
  Carlo Caione
<<<