UBOOT2 JMP

Nathan naroyce at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 26 22:11:53 EST 2013

“UBOOT2 JMP ” is what displays during bootup using VirtualBox.
This is after compiling with:
export ARCH=x86
make generic_defconfig
make
fdisk /dev/sdb...partition...mkfs.ext2 /dev/sdb1
./scripts/setupmbr/setupmbr –s 32 –m ./barebox.bin –d /dev/sdb

I think there may be something I’m missing after “setupmbr” or I need to change a config value after setting “generic_defconfig”.
My end goal is to use barebox on my ODroid. I was “somewhat” familiar with syslinux but learned it doesn’t support ARM. I learned that Samsung Exynos in the ODroid uses UBoot and that barebox is the next evolution of uboot. I’m hoping it will be forward compatible (uboot in SoC calls barebox in MBR of SD which calls my linux kernel in SD partition).