v2013.12.0

'Sascha Hauer' s.hauer at pengutronix.de
Fri Dec 6 04:28:10 EST 2013

Hi Kevin,

On Fri, Dec 06, 2013 at 04:56:54PM +0800, Kevin Du Huanpeng wrote:
> arch/x86/lib/barebox.lds
> add this file to .gitignore....
> - - -
> dev at bogon:~/barebox$ git status
> # On branch master
> # Untracked files:
> #   (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
> #
> #       arch/x86/lib/barebox.lds
> nothing added to commit but untracked files present (use "git add" to track)

We normally communicate changes to barebox with patches. So if you want
to have something changed in barebox you should send patches. For doing
so you should read Documentation/SubmittingPatches in the Linux Kernel
(Some of this may be outdated, but most of it is true and applies to
barebox aswell)

As a git user the techincal stuff probably goes down to:

git checkout origin/master -b myworkbranch
<commit changes>
git send-email --to "barebox at lists.infradead.org" origin/master