Porting BareBox to Variscite iMX6 SOM

Michael Burkey mdburkey at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 11:49:01 EDT 2013

I don't know why I said github -- the one at pengutronix is the one I
have been looking at. I think my brain must have been focused on lunch
when I was sending that!

The PhyFlex and i.MX6 NAND support being in the next release was sort
of what I thought based on the comments in the mailing list and the
differences in the code on the git vs the actual release.

Which brings me to my next question: what is the preferred way of
setting up a new platform at this point in time?

Specifically, things seem to be in a lot of flux with the i.MX systems.

So, right now, for new systems:
1) The initial hardware setup should be in devicetree format under
arch/arm/dts, correct?

2) Where should the DCD config go? I am looking at multiple i.MX6
platforms with it in 4 different spots -- lowlevel.c, flash_header.c,
an imxcfg file, as a .h file included from the imxcfg file, etc. (and
the dmo-mx6-realq7 has both a very basic .imxcfg file and then
manually configures everything else with writel's in lowlevel.c). If
I'm going to be porting stuff in, I'd like to put it in whichever
format you prefer it in.

Thanks!
Michael Burkey