Re[2]: Boot from SD fail after 2013.02

Alexander Shiyan shc_work at mail.ru
Thu Apr 18 13:02:52 EDT 2013

> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 03:06:26PM +0400, Alexander Shiyan wrote:
> >
> > So. OK, I temporary patch my board and it working now.
> > Please forget about correct memory size, it is not true.
> > Size is incorrect. Both banks are enabled and size detected as 512M.
> > I think this size is programmed by flash_header:
> >   { .ptr_type = 4, .addr = 0x83fd9000, .val = 0xb2a20000, },
> >   { .ptr_type = 4, .addr = 0x83fd9008, .val = 0xb2a20000, },
> >
> > After program NAND and start from NAND, size is still wrong...
> > So, what we can do it this case for proper operation? Disable second bank?
>
> When writing the autodetection code I assumed that all boards correctly
> setup the SDRAM controller. Appearently I was wrong.
>
> I suggest disabling the second chip select since it's not used on your
> board. However, I begin doubting that it was the right decision to
> depend on ram size detection.

Yes, disabling second bank is helps.
So, I repair my second board (same as first, but with real 512M of SDRAM).
Works, but of course memory is fixed at 256M. Tomorrow I will test current
2013.04 on this board since probably problem appears only on 256M-version.
Currently I think about return fixed table of memory in the board file or get
memory size by testing memory. In both cases we need to disable ESDCTL
module and now I do not know how make it better rather than simple remove
this module from Makefile.
Thanks.

---