iMX27 board : Barebox & linux 2.6.24.6 => reboot the board randomly ...

Aurelien Bouin a_bouin at yahoo.fr
Tue Sep 4 04:10:56 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am currently porting Barebox instead of UBoot to an old kernel linux 2.6.24.6 on an iMX27 board.
Speaking of Barebox everything is going well and seems to work correctly : USB, I2C, Network, etc ...
The problem is that the processor halt and sometime reboot ... but it can occur at anytime randomly ...
I was looking on the Chip Errata of this processor, apparently there is a problem of improper duty cycle that have to be handled ...
I am following some Barebox implementation of mx27 that handle this chip errata (arch/arm/boards/eukrea_cpuimx27;guf-neso;phycard-iMX27)It do not happen with UBoot with the kernel 2.6.24.6, neither with barebox and the kernel 3.2.0 ...
I am using the master branch of the git repository. I cannot upgrade my old linux 2.6.24 because of video support not handle.

If you have any idea of what could be the problem ...
Thank you for your time and your support,
Best regards,

Aurelien BOUIN