TX53-8030 Memory Speed

Günter Gebhardt guenter.gebhardt at freenet.de
Thu Nov 15 01:59:22 EST 2012

Hello,

we integrated KARO TX53-8030 support into our barebox 2012.07.0 some month
ago.

We measured the performance of memcpy() and found that the throughput is only
19MB/s. We expected it to be something like 10 times faster.

We saw that there is support for the TX-53 in general within the head of
barebox.

Within the file arch/arm/boards/karo-tx53/flash_header.c it
is stated that it only supports TX53 1011 (i.e. 1GB RAM).

Do You have settings applicable to our device?

What throughput do You expect from this device?

Are there some things to be aware of?

Kind Regard,
Guenter Gebhadt