MTD NAND updates

Dirk Hörner dirker at gmail.com
Thu May 31 12:31:20 EDT 2012

Hi List,

while going through the NAND specific parts of the MTD layer I noticed that
there are quite a few updates available from recent Linux kernel versions:
 * detection of flashes via ONFI
 * improved detection of flashes via extid
 * added device id's in the hard-coded table

I'd like to provide some patches, just a few questions:
 * should I base them on master or next?
 * should I try to cherry-pick updates from the kernel or should I just
merge stuff from the kernel and send patches split into logical parts
(onfi, extid, id additions)?

Thanks,
Dirk