linking error x86 barebox

Fri Feb 3 14:34:48 EST 2012

On 3-2-2012 20:17, Erwin Rol wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> when I try to compile barebox for x86 with GCC 4.6.2 I get the following
> error at the linking stage ;
>
> i686-n270-linux-gnu-ld: section .eh_frame loaded at
> [0000000000018c10,00000000000219eb] overlaps section .barebox_initcalls
> loaded at [0000000000018c10,0000000000018c63]
>
> Any hints on where to start looking ?

by adding the "-f-no-*" versions of following options to gcc I can link,
testing will be done tomorrow;

-funwind-tables
     Similar to -fexceptions, except that it will just generate any
needed static data, but will not affect the generated code in any other
way. You will normally not enable this option; instead, a language
processor that needs this handling would enable it on your behalf.

-fasynchronous-unwind-tables
     Generate unwind table in dwarf2 format, if supported by target
machine. The table is exact at each instruction boundary, so it can be
used for stack unwinding from asynchronous events (such as debugger or
garbage collector).

- Erwin