lots of inaccurate references to "FileName: include/asm-arm ..."

menon.nishanth at gmail.com menon.nishanth at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 15:59:18 EST 2012

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Dec 2012, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>
>>   if i don't hear differently, i can submit a patch tomorrow.  as you
>> can see, almost all of that content is arm-related:
>>
>> arch/arm/mach-omap/devices-gpmc-nand.c: * FileName: arch/arm/boards/omap/devices-gpmc-nand.c
>
>   simple aesthetic question for this cleanup.  here's the top of one
> of those sample files:
>
> /**
>  * @file
>  * @brief GPMC specific NAND devices
>  *
>  * FileName: arch/arm/boards/omap/devices-gpmc-nand.c
>  *
>  */
> /*
>  * (C) Copyright 2006-2008
>  * Texas Instruments, <www.ti.com>
>  * Nishanth Menon <x0nishan at ti.com>
>  ... snip ...
>
>   what would you like the final result to be?  collapse the two
> comment blocks into one?  just show me what *this* file should end up
> looking like and i'll apply that to all of them.

Seems at least inside TI, we do have a copyright template that has
been aligned on:
/*
 * Function of the file
 *
 * Copyright (C) 2012 Texas Instruments Incorporated - http://www.ti.com/
 *      Nishanth Menon
 *
 * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
 * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 as
 * published by the Free Software Foundation.

 * This program is distributed "as is" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY of any
 * kind, whether express or implied; without even the implied warranty
 * of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
 */

As long as GPL V2 is maintained, I dont see any issues. Adding
historic stuff is nice to have, I usually maintain that esp when
taking code from tarballs to just be sure to provide appropriate
credits.

Regards,
Nishanth Menon