What is TEXT_BASE?

Norbert Roos nroos at webware-experts.de
Wed Aug 29 09:13:53 EDT 2012

Hello,

On 08/29/2012 08:29 AM, Sascha Hauer wrote:

> TEXT_BASE is the address barebox will be linked at. Normally this is
> somewhere near the end of SDRAM, but could be also in some internal SRAM
> in special cases. If you use the pcm049_defconfig it should be
> configured correctly already.

Ok, thanks, i didn't know there are those configs.

Now it's building and produces some files. Is there somewhere an
explanation what the files are and what i should do with them in the
next step? In my case with an OMAP based board? I would have expected at
least the "MLO" file, but there are just the barebox files..

I don't intend to get personal teaching lessons here, but the whole
documentation is somehow - suboptimal. I am writing down the steps i'm
doing, so in return i could add a howto or tutorial or something like that.

bye
Norbert