imx35_nand driver

Gabriel Tisan gabriel.tisan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 06:39:02 EDT 2012

Hi !

I try to upgrade a custom board from an old version(2009) of barebox
to a new one.

But I have some problems when the nand driver is

After I boot with the old barebox, I use tftp to load the new version
of barebox in ram and at run I get this on console :

NAND device: Manufacturer ID: 0x2c, Chip ID: 0xdc (Micron NAND 512MiB
3,3V 8-bit)
Bad block table not found for chip 0
Bad block table not found for chip 0
Scanning device for bad blocks
Bad eraseblock 0 at 0x00000000
Bad eraseblock 1 at 0x00020000
Bad eraseblock 2 at 0x00040000

It seems that it could not find the bad block tables, although on the
old barebox they are found.

Has someone an idea what I could try to go forward ?

------------------------------------old
CONFIG-------------------------------------
CONFIG_NAND=y
CONFIG_NAND_IMX=y
CONFIG_NAND_IMX_BOOT=y
# CONFIG_MTD_NAND_VERIFY_WRITE is not set
# CONFIG_MTD_NAND_ECC_SMC is not set
CONFIG_MTD_NAND_IDS=y
------------------------------------new
CONFIG-------------------------------------
CONFIG_MTD=y
CONFIG_MTD_WRITE=y
CONFIG_MTD_OOB_DEVICE=y
# CONFIG_MTD_RAW_DEVICE is not set

#
# Self contained MTD devices
#
# CONFIG_MTD_DOCG3 is not set
CONFIG_NAND=y
# CONFIG_NAND_ECC_SOFT is not set
CONFIG_NAND_ECC_HW=y
# CONFIG_NAND_ECC_HW_SYNDROME is not set
# CONFIG_NAND_ECC_HW_NONE is not set
CONFIG_NAND_INFO=y
CONFIG_NAND_READ_OOB=y
CONFIG_NAND_BBT=y
CONFIG_NAND_IMX=y
# CONFIG_MTD_NAND_VERIFY_WRITE is not set
# CONFIG_MTD_NAND_ECC_SMC is not set
CONFIG_MTD_NAND_IDS=y

Thanks,

Gabriel