GPIO commands on OMAP4

Patrick kpa_info at yahoo.fr
Thu Apr 5 05:40:49 EDT 2012

Dear mailing-list,

I am using a pcm049 phyCORE omap4430 module from Phytec with BareBox
2011.09.0 patched with BSP from Phytec.

I would like to use the GPIO command to read a switch at startup. This
chip is connected on ABE_MCBSP1_DX (gpio_116). I have edited the
boards/pcm049/mux.c files to change the configuration of this GPIO as
follow: {ABE_MCBSP1_DX, (DIS | IEN | M3)} instead of {ABE_MCBSP1_DX,
(SAFE_MODE)}.

I then use the "gpio_get_value 116" command followed by "echo $?" to
read the value. I always read a 0. On Linux I could read the right value
depending of the position of the switch, so it's not an hardware problems.

I have tried with one of the two LEDs on the module (gpio_152) and I
could change the LED state and read it back with gpio_get_value.

I do not understand what I am doing wrong. Any help will be appreciated.

Patrick