R: R: filling string variables in script

Sascha Hauer s.hauer at pengutronix.de
Mon Apr 2 12:53:34 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 04:52:41PM +0200, Martino Ruppi wrote:

> [...]

You can access the barebox environment from Linux using
scripts/bareboxenv (I have a patch which compiles it for the target
also)
We use this in a similar setup to set a variable under Linux and read it
out under barebox to decide which rootfs to boot. If you prefer to
put this into a seperate partition you can add it using
saveenv <path_to_env> <directory> and
loadenv <path_to_env> <directory>.