nand_imx 4k support ?

Baruch Siach baruch at tkos.co.il
Mon Apr 2 07:47:15 EDT 2012

Hi Gabriel,

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 01:39:42PM +0200, Gabriel Tisan wrote:
> Sorry, but I didn't catch it.
> Do you mean that I don't need an OOB description for 218 byte OOB ?

If the software doing the flash write operation does not touch the OOB area in
any way, than OOB layout description is not needed. The Linux kernel needs
this layout information for the reasons stated in the 2c1c5f199 commit log.
This reason apparently, is not applicable to Barebox as is evident from the
experience of Eric.

However, since OOB layout description tables for 512B and 2k page sizes, it
seems that this information is useful in some scenarios.

baruch