Booting Pandaboard from SD card

Samuel Stirtzel s.stirtzel at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 13 05:29:40 EDT 2011

2011/10/13 Fabian van der Werf <fvanderwerf at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Samuel Stirtzel
> <s.stirtzel at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Starting kernel ...
>>
>> commandline: <NULL>
>> arch_number: 2791
>> Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.
>>
>> -
>> The screen just stays blank after the last message.
>> This looks to me like it is (obviously) caused by an incorrect
>> environment loaded.
>>

>> Help would be appreciated.
>
> Hi
>
> I am also trying to get things up and running using barebox. I am at
> about the same stage where you are. Though I am loading the kernel
> over TFTP instead from SD. Like you, I get "Uncompressing Linux...
> done, booting the kernel" and then nothing.

Well it is not the problem, I know that my kernel args are missing,
I'm just missing informations about how i can pass them to the kernel.
With u-boot the following command would get passed for the SD card:
setenv bootargs console=ttyO2,115200n8 vram=16M root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw
rootfstype=ext3 rootwait

Another question, is it possible to set these variables without
altering the Barebox files (like at run time or between configuring
and compiling).

--
Regards
Samuel