iMX35 3stack framebuffer problem

Boaz Ben-David boaz.bd at wellsense-tech.com
Sun May 29 02:08:58 EDT 2011

Hi,

Revisiting the issue below, it there a convinient way
to use the FB in barebox without creating a flicker on the LCD in the
transition
from Barebox to the kernel?

Thanks,

Boaz.

On 03/08/11 09:10, Baruch Siach wrote:
> Hi Boaz,
>
> On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 09:03:55AM +0200, Boaz Ben-David wrote:
>> Yes, I am using the freescale kernel unfotunately.
>> Do you know of some way to fix this (a patch for the freescale kernel
>> maybe)?
> A simple way to check whether this is the problems is to just disable the
> framebuffer in the kernel build, and make sure that you can boot again.
>
> Then, the fix for this problem is to move the request_irq() call to the end of
> the .probe routine.
>
> You should not expect any kind of support from Freescale for their released
> Linux kernels.
>
> baruch

>>> Are you using the freescale kernel? It doesn't handle loading the IPU driver
>>> if the IPU has been enabled previously.. (an IRQ fires before all the driver
>>> structures have been initialized and crashes)
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Marc

--

*Boaz Ben-David*
R&D Engineer

cid:image001.jpg at 01CBF829.06DE9870

*Tel:*+972.2.6470.709

*Mob:*+972.54.678.1511**

*Email**: *boaz.bd at wellsense-tech.com

www.themapsystem.com
<redir.aspx?C=e6361e2526464b699e255e33ea5cfebb&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.themapsystem.com%2f>

cid:image002.gif at 01CBF829.06DE9870 Please consider the impact on the
environment before printing this e-mail and/or the attachment(s).