i.MX27 ?

Vanalme Filip F.Vanalme at TELEVIC.com
Wed Jan 26 03:20:11 EST 2011

Hi,

Anyone ported Barebox to Freescale's i.MX27PDK 3-stack ?
I'm new to Barebox (or any bootloader...) and I try to port it for my i.MX27PDK, but did not succeed yet. I don't get anything on the console port yet.
I took the i.MX27ADS as a reference, copied all its files to a new board directory, and started adjusting the files. Via the debug board of the i.MX27PDK (containing a CPLD), I should be able to turn on some debug leds very early in the boot process, but even this did not succeed (yet...). I made changes in board_init_lowlevel() of lowlevel_init.S to initialize the hardware. I guess board_init_lowlevel() is one of the first functions that is executed. Correct ?
Because I didn't get it up and running, I tried to do debugging with a PEEDI debugger. Anyone experience with it for debugging Barebox ? I'm using PEEDI in combination with Eclipse (Zylin) debugger. It looks like I have problems when trying to step in assembler sources...

Any help welcome...

[cid:image003.png at 01CBBD3A.3BC54D10]

Filip Vanalme

Senior Development Engineer

Tel. +32 51 30.30.45

Fax +32 51 33.18.86

www.televic.com

Televic NV * Leo Bekaertlaan 1 * 8870 Izegem * Belgium
Company number 0402.757.955 * RPR Kortrijk