Fallback environment in barebox

Baruch Siach baruch at tkos.co.il
Mon Feb 28 00:50:40 EST 2011

Hi Boaz,

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 12:09:59PM +0200, Boaz Ben-David wrote:
> Sounds great.
>
> Is there any documentation on how to "register" environments?

What Juergen meant to say is "register partitions named env0, env1, ...". The
barebox startup code then automatically picks the first valid environment
partition.

To register partitions (with bad blocks awareness) use devfs_add_partition()
and then dev_add_bb_dev(). grep for "env0" under arch/ for many examples.

baruch

--
                                                     ~. .~   Tk Open Systems