Install barebox on target

Thomas Mayer thomas.mayer at telemotive.de
Fri Feb 25 11:08:10 EST 2011

Hi Sasha,

thanks, I will try that.
Today I got our real hardware. It consists of the freescale cpu board, a
custom baseboard with a different display.
With that I was able to start barebox completely. Network works fine,
but I can't access the nand memory, because barebox doesn't find it at
startup. I added all possible nand drivers to barebox, but it still
doesn't work.

Any idea?

--------------------------------------- u-boot output
U-Boot 2009.08 (Jan 13 2010 -
06:24:35)

CPU:   Freescale i.MX35 at 532
MHz

Board: MX35 3STACK 2.0
[RST]

I2C:
ready

DRAM:  128
MB

Flash: 64
MB

NAND:  Manufacturer      : Samsung
(0xec)

Device Code       :
0xd7

Cell Technology   :
MLC

Chip Size         : 4
GiB

Pages per Block   :
128

Page Geometry     :
4096+218

ECC Strength      : 8
bits

ECC Size          : 512

Data Setup Time   : 20
ns

Data Hold Time    : 10
ns

Address Setup Time: 25
ns

GPMI Sample Delay : 6
ns

tREA              :
Unknown

tRLOH             :
Unknown

tRHOH             :
Unknown

Description       :
K9LBG08U0D

Bad block table found at page 524160, version
0x01

Bad block table found at page 524032, version
0x01

2048
MiB

In:
serial

Out:
serial

Err:
serial

PMIC at 0x08:0x7 is
45d0

i.MX35 CPU board version
2.0

Net:   FEC0
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0

--------------------------------------- barebox output
barebox 2011.02.0 (Feb 25 2011 - 16:35:47)

Board: Freescale MX35 3Stack
No NAND device found!!!
cfi_probe: cfi_flash base: 0xa0000000 size: 0x04000000
mc13892-i2c at mc13892-i2c0: PMIC ID: 0x000045d0 [Rev: 2.0a]
smc911x: no smc911x found on 0xb6000000 (byte_test=0x00f000f0)
imx-ipu-fb at imx-ipu-fb0: i.MX Framebuffer driver
mc13892-i2c at mc13892-i2c0: revision: 0x45d0
i.MX35 PDK CPU board version 1.
Malloc space: 0x86f00000 -> 0x87f00000 (size 16 MB)
Stack space : 0x86ef8000 -> 0x86f00000 (size 32 kB)
Open /dev/env0 No such file or directory
no valid environment found on /dev/env0. Using default environment
running /env/bin/init...

regards
Thomas