imx25 3 stack problem

Sascha Hauer s.hauer at pengutronix.de
Mon Apr 11 03:34:28 EDT 2011

Hi Omar,

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 09:22:16AM +0200, Omar Pighi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I downloaded the last version of barebox and using the tolchain
> downloaded from pengutronix (not the last one).
> i compiled with ARCH=arm and CROSS_COMPILER=....
> i configured it with make menuconfig
> than make
> put it on the nand flash using the ATK toolkit.
> try to boot (from NAND flash )but nothing happen....
> the hardware is working because if i do the same with the u-boot
> included with the BSP from freescale it works fine.
> reading the mailing list a lot of people is using barebox on imx25 , so
> it is my fault.... but what i can check? to fix it?

First thing to check is if barebox runs as second stage loader. Flash
U-Boot back to your board, load barebox.bin to ram and jump to this
address using U-Boots 'go' command.
The i.MX processors support internal and external boot modes. barebox
expects the board to be in internal boot mode. Are your jumpers set
correctly for this mode?