Update barebox on mmc without touching partition table

Thomas Mayer thomas.mayer at telemotive.de
Fri Apr 8 05:18:36 EDT 2011

Hi,

to copy barebox to a mmc I use the command "dd if=barebox.bin
of=/dev/sdb bs=512 seek=2 skip=2 && sync". So I don't touch the first
0x400 bytes with contains the partition table and everything is fine.

But I want to write a little script to update barebox itself via tftp.
So I create a partition "/dev/self0" (0x00000 to 0x40000) and update
barebox with "tftp barebox.bin /dev/self0". The problem is that barebox
write the first 0x400 bytes too and overwrite the partition table .

Is there any way to "seek" and "skip" with barebox?

Regards,
Thomas