Using barebox to replace u-boot on OMAPs

Anand Gadiyar gadiyar at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 08:37:46 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm new to barebox and trying to play with it on a beagleboard.
So please bear with my newbie questions - I have tried to
search for documentation on this, but I wasn't successful.

I have been able to use barebox with the sandbox config
and figured out how to build a cramfs filesystem and modify
the default environment.

What I'm trying to do now is to see if barebox can be used
to replace u-boot on beagleboard, to load uImage directly.

Specifically, I would like to know if it given barebox.bin and
uImage are present at particular RAM locations, how to get
barebox to locate the uImage in RAM?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

- Anand