storing barebox to flash /dev/nand0

Abdoulaye Walsimou Gaye awg at embtoolkit.org
Fri Sep 10 05:19:02 EDT 2010

On 09/10/2010 11:01 AM, Belisko Marek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm porting barebox to mini2440 board.

Good news, I have this board and use a fork of u-boot from
http://repo.or.cz/w/u-boot-openmoko/mini2440.git
which is not maintained any more and it is not in mainline u-boot.

> I can boot barebox from SDRAM
> by loading to TEXT_BASE address.
> I would like to test also booting from NAND flash but I can't find a
> way how to store barebox loaded in RAM
> to flash.
>
> I try tftp barebox.bin /dev/nand0 but if failed with:
>
> TFTP from server 10.146.1.21 ('barebox.bin' -> '/dev/nand0')
>         offset 0x00000200 not page aligned
> write: Invalid argument
>
> tftp failed: error -22
>
> How can I properly store to flash?

I am not familiar with barebox (I discovered it recently), but you seem
to wrongly
create your nand  image (think page size,  eraze block size, etc...)

> Thank's in advance,
>
> Marek

Best regards,
AWG