Porting to Marvell 88F5182?

Rogan Dawes rogan at dawes.za.net
Fri Jul 30 15:50:29 EDT 2010

Hi folks,

I am trying to get a decent boot loader running on my DLink DNS323. It
was shipped with a severely crippled version of U-Boot, forked from
U-Boot 1.1.1, and heavily bastardized by Marvell.

Recently, Albert Aribaud has added support for this chipset in U-Boot
master for his LaCie ED MiniV2, which is based on the same SoC, and I am
now trying to get my DLink DNS323 to work as well.

I have managed to get just about everything to work, except for the
flash part, a Spansion S29GL064M90TFIR4 device. Unfortunately, there
seems to be some strange connections going on, and the standard U-Boot
CFI code does not recognise it.

I see that there has been a lot of changes to the BareBox CFI code since
it was forked from U-Boot 1.2.0, and I was wondering if maybe that code
would be more successful.

So, the question then:

Given a working board definition in U-Boot master for an ARM926EJ-S
based Soc, how difficult is it to port this to current BareBox master?

Thanks!

Rogan