confusion about relocation (ARM)

Matthias Kaehlcke matthias at kaehlcke.net
Fri Jan 1 16:48:26 EST 2010

hi eric,

thanks for your reply

El Fri, Jan 01, 2010 at 09:36:29PM +0100 Eric Bénard ha dit:

> Le 01/01/2010 20:48, Matthias Kaehlcke a écrit :
>> a comment in start_barebox() says 'We are running from RAM now', so i
>> deduced SDRAM must work. but after having a look at start-arm.S i'm a
>> little bit confused. as far as i understand the barebox code is copied
>> to RAM in copy_loop(). what i don't see is where the program counter
>> is set to the address in RAM?
>>
> in arch/arm/cpu/start-arm.S @ line 245 :
>         ldr     pc, _start_armboot

i saw this line, but i don't understand how it comes that
the address at _start_armboot points to RAM and not to the flash.

another question: how does ARCH_TEXT_BASE fit in here? i defined it as
0x05700000, but in the barebox image _TEXT_BASE is 0x00000000

kind regards

--
Matthias Kaehlcke
Embedded Linux Developer

             You must have a plan. If you don't have a plan,
               you'll become part of somebody else's plan
                                                                 .''`.
    using free software / Debian GNU/Linux | http://debian.org  : :'  :
                                                                `. `'`
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 47D8E5D4                  `-