barebox on x86

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Tue Aug 31 15:06:01 EDT 2010

 On 8/31/10 7:08 PM, Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD wrote:
>>> I build it on MacOS too
>>>
>> How did you overcome the programs in scripts/ using Linux system headers
>> that are not there with HOSTCC (even with a Linux cross toolchain)?
> the tool chain provive it and it's the same for compiling the kernel on MacOS

Hm... maybe I need a different host toolchain on MacOS then?

I am using Xcode 3.2.2, i.e. gcc version 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5659)
for the host parts - that's those not intended for the target but for
running on MacOS during the build process, like setupmbr, mk_elfconfig
and modpost. And that toolchain does for example not come with an elf.h
header file (mostly because ELF is not used on MacOS). For obvious
reasons, the target compiler's (cross compiler) include files are taboo
for compiling the host programs.

Best regards,
Stefan