fsl-udc (USB gadget) anyone?

Eric Bénard eric at eukrea.com
Mon Aug 16 03:58:09 EDT 2010

Hi Sacha, Hi Baruch,

Le 16/08/2010 09:09, Sascha Hauer a écrit :
> On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 09:37:04AM +0300, Baruch Siach wrote:
>> Hi Barebox list,
>>
>> I see that there are no in-tree fsl-udc driver users. Does anyone here have
>> experience with this driver on an i.MX based system? What pre-probe()
>> initialization does this driver require at the platform code?
>

> We are using it on a custom i.MX25 board (which is not in mainline
> because hardly anyone could make use of the code). Here is the platform
> initialization code (mixed with ehci host support). It works fine in DFU
> mode, serial support is probably not working. I have tried serial
> support, but had problems integrating it properly in barebox.

interesting, I've tested it on an i.MX27 and I had to do the following
change to get DFU working fine, else the 1st packet's last bytes were
always wrong when flashing data to the NOR (or simply copying data into
RAM) :
http://www.spinics.net/lists/u-boot-v2/msg01166.html

Do you think this fix is wrong ?

The init is the following :

static struct fsl_usb2_platform_data udc_info = {
	.operating_mode = FSL_USB2_DR_DEVICE,
	.phy_mode = FSL_USB2_PHY_ULPI,
};

static struct device_d udc_dev = {