ath11k and vfio-pci support

Baochen Qiang quic_bqiang at quicinc.com
Fri Jan 26 20:31:41 PST 2024

On 1/27/2024 2:20 AM, James Prestwood wrote:
> Hi Kalle/Baochen,

>>> Thank you for the clarification, this worked like a charm!
>> Very nice, huge thanks to Baochen for finding the workaround! James, let
>> us know how it works for you in the long run. This would definitely help
>> automating ath11k testing so I'm very interested about this.
>
> It appears this hack isn't a reliable solution long term. It did survive
> several reboots but then I was back to the same behavior. Looked at the
> MSI vector and it had changed:
>
> It went from fee00558 to feee00538

Yes, the MSI vector allocation is up to the kernel, and several factors
are considered when doing this. Among them, the most important are the
IRQ load balance and available vectors on a specific CPU. As a result,
the vector changes, not only when you request it (as you already see),
but also in run time.