wcn6855 - stuck in 20Mhz on rx, but full 80mhz on tx

Yaroslav Isakov yaroslav.isakov at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 09:38:50 PST 2023

пт, 29 дек. 2023 г. в 18:20, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>:

> On 12/29/23 9:06 AM, Yaroslav Isakov wrote:
> > пт, 29 дек. 2023 г. в 17:46, Yaroslav Isakov <yaroslav.isakov at gmail.com>:
> >>
> >> Hello! I managed to get another router, Asus TUF-AX6000 (with openwrt,
> >> too), and on this one, there is the same problem with rx
> >> bitrate/channel width display, in AC mode.
> >
> > Looks like the issue was with GCMP-256 cipher. I changed all ciphers
> > to the AC ones (CCMP+BIP), and now upload and download speeds are
> > around 1gigabit. I'll try different ones, to see if there is issue
> > with only one, or with all modern ciphers.
> >

> The linux kernel's software decrypt performs poorly, partially due to
> the crypto folks' refusal to add in the aesni crypto accelerator logic.
>
> Thanks,
> Ben
>
> --
> Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>

I thought, all such ciphers are implemented in hardware? I tried to
load ath11k with crypto_mode=1, to see, if it will make any difference
- and yes, it made - download speed becomes even lower.

I've tried different pairwise_cipher options, and the only one giving
me expected speed was CCMP (not even CCMP-256). mgmt_group_cipher
makes no difference, so, I can set BIP-GMAC-256, and if
pairwise_cipher is CCMP, I'm getting 1+ gbit.