ath10k driver crashing occasionally on dell xps laptop with QCA6174 802.11ac adapter

Andrea Pierré andrea_pierre at brown.edu
Tue Mar 5 14:59:42 PST 2024

Hello,

I believe I have a similar issue on openSUSE Tumbleweed on a DELL XPS 13
7390 with a Qualcomm Atheros QCA6174 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter:
the Wi-Fi connection stays connected to the router but internet access
drops randomly, and I have to manually restart NetworkManager to get it
back on.
I added a few log messages on StackExchange
(https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/769001/unstable-wi-fi-connection)
and on the openSUSE forum
(https://forums.opensuse.org/t/unstable-wi-fi-connection/172126), and
I'm happy to provide anything needed to troubleshoot!

Thanks in advance!

--
Best,
Andrea