Firmware fixes for "invalid vht params rate" (QCA6174)

James Prestwood prestwoj at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 12:19:31 PDT 2023

Hello,

Using the latest ath10k firmware on linux-firmware (firmware-6.bin) the
kernel logs are getting spammed with "invalid vht params rate". I have
read through this thread about it:

https://www.mail-archive.com/ath10k@lists.infradead.org/msg13406.html

It looks like there was no resolution to this, but there was a mention
of the firmware being fixed to not send an invalid rate? Is this true?
or is firmware-6.bin not being maintained anymore?

firmware-4.bin doesn't have this problem but I am having other problems
with that like firmware/driver crashes, in some cases that are
unrecoverable without a reboot.

I wanted to see if firmware-6.bin resolves these problems but this
"invalid vht params rate" message is pretty annoying.

Thanks,
James