Firmware 4 vs Firmware 6 for QCA6174 hw3.0

Nicolò Sprea nsprea at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 02:16:47 PDT 2022

# Using:
driver: ath10k_pci
version: 4.15.0-38-generic
firmware-version: WLAN.RM.4.4.1-00079-QCARMSWPZ-1

# Problem:
When wpa_supplicant re-associates, I get the following issue:
ath10k_pci 0000:02:00.0: failed to flush transmit queue (skip 0 ar-state 1): 0
and all the interfaces (including loopback) "freeze" for a few seconds.

# Solutions:
1. using firmware version WLAN.RM.2.0-00180-QCARMSWPZ-1
2. backporting driver

# My question:
What are the missing features/known bugs of WLAN.RM.2.0-00180-QCARMSWPZ-1?