Link down on QCA6174 (r32) kills bluetooth on same chip

manday at openmail.cc manday at openmail.cc
Fri Jan 15 04:18:15 EST 2021

Please CC when replying.

`ip link set down` on the "Lite-On Communications Inc QCA6174 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter" does reliably cut bluetooth and return it equally reliably upon `set up`. The bluetooth is on the same chip, as I understand it and has ID 04ca:3016 (Lite-On).

There is no indiciation of the occurence in userspace or even below (as far as `dmesg` says). Bluez, for instance, still thinks the bluetooth is available and operational (just everything it tries to do inexplicably fails).

Kernel is:
 5.4.80-gentoo-r1
Firmwares are:
 ath10k_pci 0000:03:00.0: firmware ver WLAN.RM.4.4.1-00157-QCARMSWPZ-1 api 6 features wowlan,ignore-otp,mfp crc32 90eebefb
 Bluetooth: hci0: QCA: patch rome 0x302 build 0x3e8, firmware rome 0x302 build 0x111

I can not exactly say whether this is a regression at the moment (if you have kernel or FW versions which I should try, please say).

Thank you!

This free account was provided by VFEmail.net - report spam to abuse at vfemail.net

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the NSA's hands!
15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas!
Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!