NOHZ tick-stop error with ath10k SDIO

Paul E. McKenney paulmck at kernel.org
Wed Aug 18 10:56:04 PDT 2021

On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 02:02:17PM -0300, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 1:29 PM Fabio Estevam <festevam at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Paul,
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 12:43 PM Paul E. McKenney <paulmck at kernel.org> wrote:
> >
> > > I believe that you need this commit (and possibly some prerequsites):
> > >
> > > 47c218dcae65 ("tick/sched: Prevent false positive softirq pending warnings on RT")
> > >
> > > Adding Qais on CC for his thoughts.
> >
> > Thanks for the suggestion, but I am running 5.13.11, which already
> > contains this commit.
> >
> > Any extra logs I should capture to help us understand the problem?
>
> In case it helps, I followed your suggestion from:
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2020/12/10/676
>
> With the debug patch and suggested command line, I get the following log:
> https://pastebin.com/raw/X96zKw7i

And it turns out that I am also seeing it in v5.14-rc2, just a lot less
frequently than earlier.  I have seen three instances of handler #02
(NET_TX_SOFTIRQ?) over the past month or so while you are seeing handler
#08 (BLOCK_SOFTIRQ?), in case that makes a difference.

Adding Frederic and Thomas on CC, though I believe Frederic is off
the grid at the moment.

							Thanx, Paul