fixed bit rate 9Mbps set as 24Mbps in g mode(legacy)

KAVITA MATHUR kavitam at cdot.in
Tue Feb 27 20:03:16 PST 2018

On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 08:41:50 -0800, Ben Greear wrote
> On 02/27/2018 12:49 AM, KAVITA MATHUR wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have configured AP in g mode and tested legacy rates.All basic rates and supported
> > rates(1,2,5.5,11,6,9,12,18,24,36,48,54) are set except 9Mbps.
> >
> > When fixed bit rate 9Mbps is set, it gets set as 24 Mbps. This issue has been observed
> > in backports-4.4.2-1 as well as latest git version of ath10k driver.
> >

> > Is anybody aware of this issue? How can I fix this rate 9Mbps?
>
> You should specify which firmware/chipset you are using, since this might
> easily be a firmware issue.

Chipset : QCA988x
ath10k version : git 16 oct 2017(v4.14-rc2-1-24-gc6db471)
firmware version : firmware-5.bin_10.2.4.70.66
Kernel version : 3.12

> And, how are you determining that 'it gets set to 24Mbps'.  Is that the
> encoding you see in a wifi sniff, or is the driver being set to 24Mbps
> improperly when you use iw (or whatever) to try configuring the rate?

I have used command "iw wlan0 station dump" to see set data rate as well as I have
sniffer. Measured data throughput is also as per 24Mbps.

> Recent upstream mac80211 has broken the ability to set a single tx rate as
> well, last I checked.

Other rates are set properly except 9Mbps.By default it sets as 6Mbps, when data
transfer starts, then it set to the mentioned fixed data rate.

Thanks & Regards,
Kavita
> Thanks,
> Ben
>

> > Thanks & Regards,
> > Kavita
> >

> > --
> >

> --
> Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>

Thanks & Regards,
कविता माथुर Kavita Mathur
वरिष्ठ अनुसंधान अभियंता  Senior Research Engineer
सी-डॉट                      C-DOT
इलैक्ट्रॉनिक्स सिटी फेज़ I         Electronics City Phase I
होसूर रोड, बेंगलूरु               Hosur Road, Bengaluru – 560100
फोन  Ph 080-28529896
Disclaimer: