ath10k driver firmware crash when bring up qca 9984 wireless card

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Mon Apr 30 09:00:01 PDT 2018

On 04/29/2018 07:57 PM, KC wrote:

> Hi Ben
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> If I want to try ath10k-ct-driver, where I can get stable version?
>
> There has information about pci-e layout.
> The device has two PCI-e slots. one is the original pci-e slot of main board and the other one is the output of pci-e switch.
>
> case 1:one is the original pci-e slot of main board
> case 2:one is the output from pci-e switch.
>
> We can get QCA9884 pci-e information (VID and IID) form /sys/bus/pci/device in case 1 and case 2
>
> ath10k driver always work in case 1 and always get the firmware crash message in case 2.
>
> Does ath10k driver have any limits about pci-e layout?

The most likely way for it to work is to use one of our kernels,
the 4.13 being the most stable and well tested at this point.

The 4.16 should be OK too, but it is less tested.

https://github.com/greearb?tab=repositories

Or, you can try using our stand-alone driver, but it does not work on
all kernels...typically just 4.9, 4.13 and 4.16 or similar.

https://github.com/greearb/ath10k-ct

I don't know of any particular issues with pcie, but I guess there must be some
issue in your case.