Interest in getting ath10k-ct firmware support upstream?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Fri Apr 13 08:32:05 PDT 2018

On 04/13/2018 06:34 AM, Kalle Valo wrote:
> Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> writes:
>
>> I'm in the midst of porting my out-of-tree ath10k patches forward to
>> the 4.16 kernel.
>>
>> In case you are interested in allowing support for ath10k-ct firmware
>> in the upstream kernel, now would be a good time for me to work on
>> this.
>>
>> Please let me know if you are interested.
>
> I don't really know what is needed for your firmware so difficult to
> really comment. And ath10k really does not support any specific firmware
> branch per se, it uses more finegrained feature based detection anyway.
>
> But as we are adding SDIO, USB and SNOC busses to ath10k, which is quite
> a enourmous task itself, and trying to support even a different firmware
> sounds really difficult.

I have lots of mostly small tweaks, enabled by feature flags specific to my
firmware.  Adding my changes will increase the code size a bit, but I don't think
it will add much fundamental complexity.

If you will accept feature flags upstream for my firmware and will make an
effort to review patches in a timely manner, I will work on a patch series
and send it for review.