failed to fetch board data QCA6174

Carsten Haitzler raster at rasterman.com
Tue Sep 12 17:15:36 PDT 2017

On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 23:14:33 +0000 Ryan Hsu <ryanhsu at qti.qualcomm.com> said:

> On 09/12/2017 12:24 AM, Luka Karinja wrote:
>
> > [    3.662941] ath10k_pci 0000:05:00.0: qca6174 hw3.2 target 0x05030000
> > chip_id 0x00340aff sub 0000:0000
>
> Hmm, where did you get this module? it seems like this module is not
> calibrated or assigned a sub IDs information, that why it cause the failure,
> since incorrect board file will lead to the firmware crash.
>
> You might want to contact your module provider to give you the correct board
> file (board.bin) and replace it under the same firmware folder for
> testing/developing.

I see similar/same issues on an actual product (not some module or dev board).
a new-ish laptop/tablet that runs windows out of the box. I sent mails to to
here and linux-wireless too with zero responses on information on what the
board bin file is and the firmware bin files and how they are created etc. as I
suspected the key to the issue is somewhere there.

Carsten Haitzler - raster at rasterman.com