Throughput drop with ath10k latest driver and firmware-5.bin_10.2.4.70.66

KAVITA MATHUR kavitam at cdot.in
Thu Oct 26 04:20:25 PDT 2017

Hi,

In my AP , there are two radios, one ath9k based module WLE200NX and second ath10k based
WLE600VX.

I configured both the radios as AP in IEEE 802.11a 40 MHz HT mode and performed
throughput test.

Measured throughput with ath9k is 164Mbps while with ath10k it is 137Mbps. I could not
understand the reason of this drop(27 Mbps)?

My test setup was inside RF-Shield. There was no interference and system was associated
at 300Mbps in both cases.

ath10k driver was taken from ath10k git and firmware version is
firmware-5.bin_10.2.4.70.66.
ath9k drives was taken from stable backport release backport-4.4.2-1.

kernel version : 3.12
openwrt version : Chaos Calmer 15.05.0

Please suggest me how can I increase the throughput of my AP.

Thanks & Regards,
कविता माथुर Kavita Mathur
वरिष्ठ अनुसंधान अभियंता  Senior Research Engineer
सी-डॉट                      C-DOT
इलैक्ट्रॉनिक्स सिटी फेज़ I         Electronics City Phase I
होसूर रोड, बेंगलूरु               Hosur Road, Bengaluru – 560100
फोन  Ph 080-28529896
Disclaimer: