Search for devices with Xtensa cores

Max Filippov jcmvbkbc at gmail.com
Sat May 20 21:47:02 PDT 2017

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 4:02 AM, Oleksij Rempel <linux at rempel-privat.de> wrote:
> Am 16.05.2017 um 21:46 schrieb Max Filippov:
>> On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 11:23 PM, Oleksij Rempel <linux at rempel-privat.de> wrote:
>>> this year started with inclusion of open-ath9k-htc-firmware to debian
>>> *main* repository. As first we started to getting advantage of regular
>>> compile tests. See results here:
>>> https://tests.reproducible-builds.org/debian/rb-pkg/unstable/i386/open-ath9k-htc-firmware.html
>>>
>>> Most of the problems which we currently get, are related to gcc xtensa
>>> compiler.
>>> In details: device specific patch set is used to provide our own
>>> gcc/binutils version because Xtensa don't really have defined CPU cores.
>>> As result, upstream compiler developers will never notice if some thing
>>> will brake this patch set.
>>
>> Below are the links to the xtensa-dynconfig repository and xtensa-plugin-env
>> branches in binutils-gdb and gcc repositories. Together it is a draft
>> implementation of dynamically configurable xtensa toolchain.
>> Could you please take a look at it and see if it's useful for you?
>>
>> https://github.com/jcmvbkbc/xtensa-dynconfig
>> https://github.com/jcmvbkbc/binutils-gdb-xtensa/commits/xtensa-plugin-env
>> https://github.com/jcmvbkbc/gcc-xtensa/commits/xtensa-plugin-env
>
> I didn't tested it jet, but it looks promising. How can i itegrate this
> two patches?
> https://github.com/olerem/open-ath9k-htc-firmware/tree/master/local/patches

Apply binutils.patch to the binutils-2.26.1 and then copy
binutils/bfd/xtensa-modules.c
and binutils/include/xtensa-config.h into xtensa-dynconfig/config/<config-name>.
And since the gdb part is missing you'd need to create two empty c source files:
xtensa-dynconfig/config/<config-name>/gdb/gdb/{xtensa-config.c,xtensa-xtregs.c}

--
Thanks.
-- Max