Driver support for QCA6174 chip using SDIO interface

Erik Stromdahl erik.stromdahl at gmail.com
Tue May 16 05:59:01 PDT 2017

Hi Adrian,

On 2017-05-15 19:50, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> [snip]
>
> hi!
>
> Which driver are you using as a reference for the SDIO/USB side of things?

I am using qcacld. This driver can be tricky to get up and running with later
kernels. Below is a qcacld + kernel combo that I have managed to get up and
running with a QCA9377 SDIO board.

qcacld:
https://github.com/erstrom/qcacld-2.0/tree/boundary-LNX.LEH.4.2.2.2-4.5.20.037

kernel:
https://github.com/boundarydevices/linux-imx6/tree/boundary-imx_4.1.15_1.0.0_ga

The kernel is a special version from boundary devices with imx6 patches,
but I have used it successfully with an x86.

The above qcacld version does unfortunately not work that well with the Linksys
WUSB6100M device (also QCA9377 based). I get the same problems as I do with
my own ath10k patches (receiver goes deaf after a few megabytes).

> We have an interest in USB/SDIO support for Rome/Tuffalo in ath10k and
> I'd like to see how I/we could help in kicking this along!

Sounds great!
With more people starting to look at this, I think we can get things
up-and-running soon!