Maximum Transmit Power for channel 36 ,40,44 and 48

Sebastian Gottschall s.gottschall at dd-wrt.com
Mon Mar 20 03:45:16 PDT 2017

Am 20.03.2017 um 09:25 schrieb KAVITA MATHUR:
> Hi,
>
> Chipset : AR9220
> RF module : WLM200NX and WLM200N5
> Linux Kernel : 3.12
> ath9k driver : backport4.4.2-1
>
> With above combination , I have measured maximum transmit power 13 dBm for channel
> 36,40,44 and 48. While it is 20 dBm for channel 149 and other 5GHz band channels
>   as well as for 2.4 GHz channels.
>
> If I try to set txpower using iwconfig wlan0 txpower 20 , it gives no error.but it shows
> only 13dBM.
>
> How I can change the txpower for channel 36,40,44 and 48?
the maximum availale txpower depends on the calibration data which is
stored within the cards owm eeprom and is also related to the current
used mcs set / wireless rate.
as higher the rate is as lower the transmission power will be
according to the datasheet the rate for ht40 5 ghz for this card is 14
dbm at MCS 7 / 15 with a tollerance of +- 2 dbm

https://www.pcengines.ch/pdf/wlm200n5-23.pdf

Sebastian

> Please help me on this.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> कविता माथुर Kavita Mathur
> वरिष्ठ अनुसंधान अभियंता  Senior Research Engineer
> सी-डॉट                      C-DOT
> इलैक्ट्रॉनिक्स सिटी फेज़ I         Electronics City Phase I
> होसूर रोड, बेंगलूरु               Hosur Road, Bengaluru – 560100
> फोन  Ph 080-28529896
> Disclaimer:

Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Regards

Sebastian Gottschall / CTO

NewMedia-NET GmbH - DD-WRT
Firmensitz:  Berliner Ring 101, 64625 Bensheim
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 25473
Geschäftsführer: Peter Steinhäuser, Christian Scheele
http://www.dd-wrt.com
email: s.gottschall at dd-wrt.com
Tel.: +496251-582650 / Fax: +496251-5826565