How to integrate the latest ath10k driver into an older kernel release ?

Chris Price chris.price at dejero.com
Fri Mar 10 06:06:42 PST 2017

I had similar problems doing the same thing with a 4.1 kernel. I'm not
sure if you are having the same problem without seeing the compilation
errors, but here is what worked for me:

- Used linux-stable repo
- Used the copy-list.ath file from
https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/ath10k/backports
- Added the following files to copy-list.ath: include/net/codel.h,
include/net/codel_impl.h, include/net/fq.h, include/net/fq_impl.h
- Ensure you compile using the same compiler as was used to compile
your kernel. Otherwise, I couldn't compile one of the arch modules and
the 'mcount' symbol couldn't be found.

YMMV