QCA4019: calibration files and board files

Sven Eckelmann sven.eckelmann at openmesh.com
Tue Mar 7 01:54:19 PST 2017

Hi Adrian,

On Montag, 30. Januar 2017 08:36:19 CET Adrian Chadd wrote:
> If people aren't using unique BMI IDs (which is another question we
> have for QCA) then it's possible you don't have enough information to
> "know" which board data to use, so it has to be overridden by a custom
> package. We do this at work for our own boards as well - they're
> sufficiently different to a reference board that indeed we need to
> "know".

Did you get any feedback from QCA? Our requests regarding registration of two
own bmi-board-ids for our product were always answered (slightly simplified)
with "don't change the BDF files", "always use board-2.bin from driver/
firmware" and "ask your ODM". This basically didn't help us and didn't answer
the question and creates quite a big problem for us because the ODM insists
that we should use his BDF [1] files with modifications [tm]. We just found
out that the ODM used a modified version of the DK04.1 BDF files but used the
bmi-board-id's for the AP-DK01.1-C1 - so we still have a long road ahead.

We are still trying to get more information. But I though that I could ask you
in the meantime whether you had more success and have a status update.

Kind regards,
	Sven

[1] According to QCA, the BDF files are just the single board files inside
    the board-2.bin