ath10k bug in station mode with regard to TX-BEAMFORMER?

Sebastian Gottschall s.gottschall at dd-wrt.com
Thu Mar 2 23:47:30 PST 2017

Am 03.03.2017 um 01:22 schrieb Adrian Chadd:
> On 2 March 2017 at 16:08, Sebastian Gottschall <s.gottschall at dd-wrt.com> wrote:
>> Am 03.03.2017 um 00:30 schrieb Adrian Chadd:

>>> RIght, but you just disabled the capabilities entirely, right? That
>>> didn't fix negotiation?
>> there wasnt a problem with negotiation.  there was a problem with firmware
>> crashes and yes i disabled the crash cause in that way
> Well, the crash is a bad case of "I shouldn't handle a broken AP by crashing."
>
> But an AP shouldn't be saying "mu-beamformee" according to the
> standard, but mu-beamformer. (or the other way around, I forget - but
> whatever Ben showed me, it was certainly announcing the /opposite/ of
> what it should be doing.)
good to know. then the cause for that issue might be also the hostapd
config since openwrt as well as my dd-wrt does include all vht capabilities
in hostapd.conf which are reported by the driver. now one question. why
does hostapd allow to set MU-BEAMFORMEE since its a ap authenticator?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Regards

Sebastian Gottschall / CTO

NewMedia-NET GmbH - DD-WRT
Firmensitz:  Berliner Ring 101, 64625 Bensheim
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 25473
Geschäftsführer: Peter Steinhäuser, Christian Scheele
http://www.dd-wrt.com
email: s.gottschall at dd-wrt.com
Tel.: +496251-582650 / Fax: +496251-5826565