Performance issue with QCA9377

Hugo Poissonnet hugo at poissonnet.fr
Sat Feb 18 14:04:41 PST 2017

Hello,
I recently get a laptop with a QCA9377 wifi chipset. I encountered major
performance issue with kernel 4.4.0-53 (ubuntu generic build). I can
connect to wifi network but performance are very bad below 1Mb/s (iperf
with TCP). The network connection is very unstable, multiple disconnect
in minutes.
I check the performance under Windows with same distance and same
condition, I get 12Mb/s. So I upgrade to kernel 4.8.0-36 and performance
are much better around 8Mb/s and no disconnection nor dmesg warn.

With 4.4 kernel in syslog/dmesg there is a lot of:
ath10k_pci 0000:02:00.0: no channel configured; ignoring frame(s)!
ath10k_warn: 217 callbacks suppressed

Sincerely yours,

Hugo Poissonnet