QCA4019: calibration files and board files

Sven Eckelmann sven.eckelmann at openmesh.com
Wed Feb 8 03:03:19 PST 2017

Hi Anilkumar Kolli,

we've noticed that your change in QSDK [1] removed the call to
ath10k_download_and_run_otp in ath10k_download_cal_data after the call to
ath10k_core_get_board_id_from_otp. We reported [2] this to ath10k when we
asked for some clarifications regarding the loading process of the pre-cal +
board-2.bin data.

It was also told us by QCA (private mail) and by Adrian Chadd [3] that the
ath10k_download_and_run_otp step should have been done.

The used release were we noticed this was
caf_AU_LINUX_QSDK_RELEASE_DATE_R1_TARGET_ALL.5.0.639.021.

Will this be fixed in the QSDK? Why is a different implementation used than in
the official ath10k version [4]?

Kind regards,
	Sven

[1] https://source.codeaurora.org/quic/qsdk/oss/system/feeds/wlan-open/commit/?id=cd78cb8fcbc28af3e538743177f106ec8c5fe295